Welcome to the Reception class page. The class teacher is Mrs Welsh who is supported by Mrs Knowles and Mrs Birkinshaw. I am very excited to welcome you and your child into our school. We have a fun filled classroom that engages and supports learning. Foundation stage helps us to settle into school, be happy, make friends and begin our primary school journey.
We use different ways of rewarding the children which are listed below:
- Good to be Green.
- We do PE on a Wednesday and Friday so please make sure your child has their PE kit in school on these days.
- We need a reading folder every day. Please check this daily.
- We need a waterproof coat and wellies each day for when we are enjoying our outdoor learning.
- We need a water bottle with fresh water every day
- You can choose your child’s dinner using the Live Kitchen app from home. Alternatively, your child can choose on the day when they enter the classroom.
- Reading books are sent home on a Friday and please ensure they are returned to school on a Monday morning. This will allow us to read with your child in school and change any books.
Clubs in Reception:
- Cooking club- held on a Wednesday after school.
Partnership with Parents:
- Dojos- for quick enquiries parents can message via Dojos.
- Stay and Plays will be held during each half term. This will allow you to come and work alongside your child in their classroom environment. Please note we ask that siblings do not attend.