Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School has a named SENDCO, Mrs Lisa Brooks. She ensures that the Sacred Heart Special Educational Needs and Disability policy works within the guidelines and inclusion policies of the Code of Practice (2014).
At our school, we believe that all children have an equal right to a full and rounded education which will enable them to achieve their full potential. We use our best endeavours to secure special educational provision for pupils for whom this is required, that is ‘additional to and different from’ that provided within the differentiated curriculum to better respond to the four areas of need identified in the new Code of Practice (September 2014).
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Social, mental and emotional health
- Sensory/and or physical
Roles and Responsibilities of the SENDCo
The SENDCo will coordinate the provision of education for pupils with Special Educational Needs by:
- Overseeing the day to day operation of the school’s SEND policy.
- Co-ordinating provision for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Monitoring and evaluating the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities provision.
- Overseeing the records of all children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Supporting and advising colleagues.
- Managing a range of resources, both human and material, to enable appropriate provision to be made for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Contributing to the professional development of all staff.
- Liaising with parents of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Liaising with external agencies including the LA’s support and educational psychology services, health and social services and voluntary bodies.
Mrs Brooks, our School SENDCo, can be contacted via the school office on 01977 625354 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The information below can be useful for parents of children with SEND: